Need a mood booster? We've got some simple, healthy (and delicious!) recipes that are rich in saffron, Vitamin B12, ergothioneine, Vitamin C, and nitrates. These are all important contributors to a better mood.
Want to spend a little less time in the kitchen? You can also try In the Mood for clinically studied levels of many of these important ingredients.
Healthy keto-friendly tuna avocado melt
When you’re in the mood for a warm and creamy seafood dish, a tuna melt might be the ideal recipe. However, if you are on the keto diet, it may seem nearly impossible to find a tuna salad recipe that does not include mayonnaise. Fortunately, there are alternatives, and this recipe is designed with you in mind.
Tuna is rich in vitamin B12, which can boost energy levels and promote enhanced brain health.
Optimal levels of vitamin B12 are essential for proper functioning of the nervous system. Vitamin B12 is necessary for energy production and to produce serotonin, a major brain hormone that affects mood. Additionally, supplementation with vitamin B12 has been found to reduce mental decline.
Total time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
- Tuna salad
- 2 cans of tuna fish, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons parsley or basil
- 8 slices bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a bowl, combine the drained tuna, avocadoes, tomatoes, red onions, celery, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and herbs. Stir well.
- Assemble the sandwich by adding the tuna salad and 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Heat the sandwich using one of the two methods below.
- Stove method: Place sandwich on stove and heat until each side of sandwich is brown (about 3 minutes per side).
- Air fryer method: Place sandwich in air fryer. Set the temperature to 400℉, and the time for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, flip sandwich over and air fry for another 4 minutes.
Ready for 5 more mood-boosting recipes?
- One-pan saffron-crusted lemon chicken with roasted potatoes
- Mood-enhancing very-berry smoothie
- Creamy garlic herb mushrooms
- Garlic parmesan roasted cauliflower
- Creamy spinach garlic pasta (dairy-free)